If you could relate to anything written on the "Wounds" page then you're on the right page now. So you hurt--right? If so, then let's get you plugged into the ultimate source of healing--God's word, the Bible. Taking the first step towards healing requires faith. You may be thinking I'm a little short on faith right now and I'll reply "that's ok." Jesus said in Mark 11:22-26,
"Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions.”
My friends, you have to take your healing by faith and you need to forgive. Unforgiveness is an area that keeps a lot people bound up spiritually and unforgiveness impedes the healing process. You may need to forgive a friend, a loved one, yourself, an enemy ... who's on your list? Here's a quick story about me.
My father was an Air Force pilot who flew reconnaissance missions along the border of the Soviet Union in the late 1950s during the Cold War. Three months after I was born my father was shot down and killed inside the border of Soviet Armenia. The entire crew of 17 was lost. I grew up very angry about never knowing my father and I developed a deep-seated hatred for all peoples and all countries of the Soviet Union. After the Berlin Wall fell and the Cold War was declared over, things began to change in my life. One day at a bible study on Langley Air Force Base I came face-to-face with three officers of former Soviet republic countries. The Holy Spirit asked me--"what are you going to do?" I was confronted with forgiving those that had killed my father (not these guys) but more so, I had to ask my enemies for forgiveness ... forgiveness for hating them, their people, their families, their dogs, their cats, etc. Working through an intrepreter, I described the situation and through the tears begged for forgiveness. That my brothers and sisters, opened the door for healing in my heart and spirit. A number of years later I finally confessed to God how angry I was with Him for my dad dying and me never knowing him. The angry spirit left me that moment and God's healing spirit flowed into my wounded heart.
If you have a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ then you are blessed and healed. Hmmm ... you're thinking "but Brother Mark, I feel _______ (fill in the blank) and I don't feel blessed or healed." My reply is let's take a walk through God's Word to get some healing scriptures working for you. Try this thought--"the fact is I feel ______ and a truth (a word from the Bible) is __________. Example: the fact is I feel like nine miles of bad road because I can't sleep but a truth is "the Lord my God has given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil confronting me" (1 Kings 5:4).
Don't forget, I'm making an assumption that you've waded through the pages on wounds, hope, faith, Who am I in Christ and that you've accepted Jesus as your Savior. Walking those pages took some faith on your part and I'm proud of you!! You have sacrificed for our country and that started when you signed up to "defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic." You presented your body and mind to be applied in defense of our country--that's sacrifice! God is looking for the same thing from you and me.
The Apostle Paul wrote in the book of Romans, chapter 12, verses 1 & 2: "I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." So now you need to start getting your mind geared up...for what Brother Mark? Geared up for transformation. Healing by faith is transformational and God's will is for you to be healed.
In the New Testament we find Jesus healing all who had faith to be healed. So let's dive into some scriptures that you can claim for your healing.
- Jeremiah 17:14 (Amplified Bible) -- "Heal my hurts oh Lord and I will be healed, save my soul and I will be saved for You are my praise"
- Psalm 103:3 (New American Standard Bible) -- "He pardons all your iniquities and heals all your diseases"
- Matthew 4:23-24 (Amplified Bible) -- "And He went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news (Gospel) of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every weakness and infirmity among the people. So the report of Him spread throughout all Syria, and they brought Him all who were sick, those afflicted with various diseases and torments, those under the power of demons, and epileptics, and paralyzed people, and He healed them."
- Matthew 8:5-14 (New International Version) -- "When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.” Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?” The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” ...
- Matthew 8:5-14 (continued) When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Then Jesus said to the centurion, 'Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.' And his servant was healed at that moment."
Some of you need to stop nursing your hurts so God can heal you...it is time to move from being a victim to being victorious! Are you ready to take the healing power of Jesus in your life? You should because you already have it. You're thinking--I do Brother Mark? Yes my friend you do. It is written in Isaiah 53:5, prophecy about Jesus-- "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Notice the tense in that scripture--"... are healed" which is past tense meaning the healing is a done deal, complete, finished, fini!! Jesus took the ultimate whipping for our sin, our hurt, our sickness and our pain.
So back to the idea of you taking your healing ... it takes initiative and action on your part. Here's the Readers Digest version on putting your faith to work for your healing--repeat with me:
Lord Jesus I have been hurting because ______________ ... or ... Lord Jesus the fact is I'm hurting because __________ and list them all out (pain, sickness, sorrow, unresolved grief, broken heart, broken relationship(s), death, broken body, missing body parts, messed up eye sight, messed up hearing, etc).
But I declare the truth is: It is written--I was healed by the stripes of Jesus, I have it and I take that healing because Jesus loves me and He took all my hurt and pain to the Cross for me. I am a Child of El Shaddai (God Almighty) and His Word says "He pardons all my sins and heals all my diseases." I am restored because it is written in Psalm 23:3--"He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake." And as of this moment I walk upright and healed. In Jesus name, Amen!!!
I recommend you write it out--get all the issues you want healing for, put down the "Word" or scripture you're going to stand on, date it and sign it. From here on out, when a hurt or pain tries to rise up you smack it down with a healing scripture. Watch what happens!!!